Wednesday, May 17, 2006

peer practitioners anyone?

From various conversations on the blended learning course, and on the Foundation Direct blended learning Personal Development Unit, it struck me that the model for blended learning workshops needs to be changed a little, and designed a little differently.

Currently the design is to have an online and blended workshop, on blended learning, and then to disappear - more or less. On reflection I think that:

Making the workshop 'lite' - which is what I was originally asked to do - was correct, and I think it is about right, now that it is all there (at last).

I need to re-think what my job is in all of this: 'facilitating innovation in teaching and learning' is my best thought right now.

Facilitating innovation doesn't just happen in one workshop. It takes place over time. Maybe the 'default' model here, of training, is incorrect, and it should be closer to ongoing mentoring, no?

All this leads to the conclusion that what is needed is some form of "peer practitioners' Community of Practice", which includes online discussions, but has a much larger component of on-site activity, and it should be restricted to people who will all be presenting their 'work-in-progress' - no observers allowed.

Roy




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home